AgEc 330: Farm Management
Dr. Sabry A. Shehata
Farm Management, by R. Kay and W. Edwards
Appointment Call 933-0856
Acquaints the students with both theoretical and applied aspects of farm management. Topics include farm planning, managerial control, and acquiring and managing resources. Stress on cost of production and cash flow budgets, and capital investment.
- To acquaint the students with management theories as they are related to farming
- To apply some of these principles in farm enterprises
- The student will be able to understand various management principles.
- The student will be able to apply economic theory in managing various farm enterprises.
- The student will be able to analyze various alternatives and select the best one under various set of economic conditions.
- The student will know how to analysis the profitability of various farm enterprises.
|Two Midterm Exam.||200|
|Class assignments/Question and Answers||200|
|Project (Farm Plan)||200|
|90% and above||A|
|less than 60%||F|
Tentative Course Schedule
- 1st Week :Introduction to Management
: Intro Farm Management Assignment # 1
- 2nd and 3rd Week : Measuring Performance
Assignment # 2
- 3rd & 4th Weeks : Economic Principles
Assignment # 3
- 5th & 6th Weeks :Planning and Budgeting Techniques
Assignment # 4
- 7th Week Investment Analysis Techniques
Assignment # 5
- 8th Week 1st Midterm Exam
- 9th Week Evaluating and Managing Risk
Assignment # 6
- 10th Week Acquiring Capital and Credit
Assignment # 7
- 11th Week 11th Week : Buying and Leasing Land
Assignment # 8
- 12th Week Enterprise Selection
Assignment # 9
- 13th Week Crop Production Management
Assignment # 10
- 14th 2nd. Midterm Exam
- Final Report