Mid-term exam 2 study guide.
The following are possible topics for multiple choice, short-answer, and essay questions:
The following topics from the materials since the mid-term exam may be covered by multiple choice, short-answer, and essay questions:
· Components of a network
· Differences between peer-to-peer, LANs, WANs.
· Media types cable, fiber optic, coaxial, wireless.
· Types of e-commerce - B2B, B2C, what each is, their differences, differences in marketing to customers in each.
· Electronic marketplaces check out Alibaba.com (there are many others like SteelLink.com) and the various services offered by these marketplaces (horizontal and vertical).
· Product / service type offerings and their suitability to B2C or B2B business.
· The following topics are not covered in the text I cover them in the video lectures.
o Marketing a website the three general objectives (optimize, publicize, monetize), search engines (indexing and ranking), factors influencing rankings in search engines, bid-for-placement, keywords, content.
o Website design - features that are good / things to avoid (for some interesting examples visit webpagesthatsuck.com).
o Selecting a website host - the most important features / functions for site building and ongoing management to consider.
· E-commerce transaction security encryption, secure socket layer, Secure Electronic Transaction (SET) protocol.
· EDI what it is, what it is used for, how it works (for example, refer to the Message Flow diagram in the PowerPoint slide).
· O Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) purpose, components, how do SOA components relate to the People/Information/Technology framework from chapter 1?
· Client / Server infrastructure tiered architecture (1, 2, 3, n), thin client.
· Cloud infrastructure IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, advantages.
· Disaster recovery planning (aka business continuity planning)- purpose, understand issues in Phase 1 (analysis) and Phase 2 (design).