The Office of the Registrar provides official transcripts bearing the UH Hilo seal and the signature of the University Registrar. An official transcript reflects coursework and grades for all credit courses taken at UH Hilo including summer terms, extension terms, and undergraduate and graduate courses.
The Office of the Registrar does not provide unofficial transcripts. Current students can view and print their academic record in MyUH using STAR Degree Audit Check/View Transcript.
Official transcripts of credits earned at other institutions are not available for distribution by UH Hilo.
Financial obligations to any UH campus must be cleared before requests are processed.
How to Order Transcripts
Fill out, print, and mail or fax the Transcript Request Form along with your payment as instructed on the form.
- UH Hilo does not accept transcript requests by telephone
- UH Hilo does not offer electronic transmittal of official transcripts
- Transcript requests must have the student's signature
Either mail or fax both the request and payment.
Mail to :
UH Hilo Office of the Registrar
200 West Kawili St.
Hilo, HI 96720-4091
Or fax to:
(808) 932-7448. Please call (808) 932-7634 to verify that your request was received.
There are two transcript processing options (regular and rush) and three mailing options (first class, priority, and express); all have different fees. All requests must specify the processing type and mailing option, and include payment for all fees.
|Mailed out or available for pick-up within 7 business days of receiving the request. First-class USPS postage is included; expedited shipping is available.|
|Mailed out or available for pick-up within 2 business days of receiving the request. First-class USPS postage is included; expedited shipping is available.|
In addition to the transcript fees, there may be mailing fees:
|First-class USPS postage||No charge||Included in both regular and rush processing requests. No tracking available.|
USPS Priority Mail
|No tracking available|
USPS Express Mail
|Tracking available; someone must be available to receive and sign for the transcript at the delivery address.|
- Mailing time is not included in the processing time and delivery is the responsibility of the U.S. Postal Service. Delivery date is not guaranteed for any mailing option. Please allow sufficient time for mail delivery.
- UH Hilo is not responsible for undeliverable transcripts once the transcript leaves our institution. If a new transcript needs to be issued, the student will have to submit a new request and pay the additional processing fee.
- Transcripts are available for pick-up at the Office of the Registrar. You will be required to show a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up.
- In order for a third party to pick up your transcript, you must provide the person with an Authorization to Pick Up Official Documents form. The person will be required to show your written authorization and his or her photo ID at the time of pick-up.
- UH Hilo does not distribute official transcripts of academic work from other institutions, including other UH campuses. You must order transcripts directly from the institution where you completed the coursework.
- All transcripts released directly to you are stamped "Issued to Student" and put in a sealed envelope to advise third parties that the transcript has been in your personal possession. These transcripts are considered official as they bear the UH Hilo seal.
Delivery Address Instructions
To ensure proper delivery of transcripts:
- Do not use script font
- Enter all information in CAPITAL LETTERS
- Entire address must fit in designated area of the Transcript Request Form
|MR. JAMES JONES|
|4417 BROOK ST NE|
|WASHINGTON DC 20019-4649|
Request to Forward Previous Transcripts
Students may request that UH Hilo forward their previous transcripts to another campus within the University of Hawaii System. Please submit the Transcript Forwarding Request form to the Office of the Registrar and your request will be processed within the next 10 business days if the previous transcripts are still on file.
In an attempt to help with student advising and record keeping, the Office of the Registrar is entering student information on microfilm into our computerized student information system. If any microfilmed records are needed immediately, please contact our office at (808) 932-7634.