Problems Registering for Classes?

UH Hilo Home > Student Affairs > Office of the Registrar > Registration Guide

Registration Overrides

You may need special permission to register for a particular course. For example, if….

  • the class is closed (Permit)
  • the class requires instructor or departmental permission (Authorization)
  • the course has a prerequisite which you must meet (Authorization)
  • the class has a time conflict with another required class (Time)
  • a co-requisite course is required which you completed previously (Corequisite)
  • the class has a level restriction (Level)

Instructors are under no obligation to sign a Registration Override Form. It is up to the instructor on a case-by-case basis.

To obtain the necessary special permission, please:

  1. Obtain a Registration Override Form from any division office or download it.
  2. Obtain all necessary signatures.
  3. Submit completed form to appropriate division office.
  4. After the registration override is entered into the registration system, register for the class on MyUH.

To contact the UH Hilo Office of the Registrar, email Questions regarding other University of Hawaiʻi campuses should be directed to the appropriate campus contact.