How to Make Changes to Your Schedule
Prior to or during the first week of classes:
- Search class availability before trying to add classes
- Log on to MyUH
- Click on Add/Drop Courses
- Select the corresponding term
- Select the institution and enter the CRN (Course Reference Number)
- Click on Submit Changes
If you need any requirements waived (i.e., prerequisite, class standing, etc.), the Registration Override Form is available at division offices or you can download it at Commonly Used Forms. Obtain the instructor’s signature and return the form to the appropriate division office for processing.
During the second week of classes:
- Obtain the Registration Override Form at any Division Office or download form.
- Be sure “Late Add” is selected. If the class is also closed, select “Class is closed” as well.
- Obtain the instructor’s signature and return the form to the appropriate Division Office for processing.
- Log on to MyUH and register for the class.
- Prior to dropping a class, please refer to the Tution and Fees Refund schedule to understand your financial responsibilities.
- Please also refer to the Academic calendar for the pertinent drop deadlines.
- Log on to MyUH.
- Click on the “Add/Drop Courses” link.
- Select the corresponding term.
- Select the withdrawal option next to the class from which you wish to withdraw.
- Click on Submit Changes.
- To drop or withdraw from your class class at your home institution, please see Complete Withdrawal section below.
Once classes begin, a student can withdraw from his/her last or only class via MyUH. UH Hilo students who wish to withdraw from all UH Hilo classes can also obtain a Complete Withdrawal form from the Office of the registrar or download the form online at Commonly Used Forms and follow official procedures.
For students who completely withdraw before the end of the third week of instruction, the courses will not be reflected on their transcript. Students who completely withdraw after the third week of instruction will receive a “W” for each of the courses in progress at the time of withdrawal. Tuition and fees will be assessed according to the UH system policy.
Students may completely withdraw through the last day of instruction.
Warning: Dropping below 12 credit hours may jeopardize your financial aid and/or immigration status.