- Academic Calendars
- Banner and STAR Access (for new users)
- Curriculum and Program Submission Deadlines to the Office of the Registrar
- Curriculum Forms and Instructions
- Curriculum Central
- Enter Final Grades in MyUH
- FERPA Tutorial
- Final Exam Schedules
- General Education (approved courses) list (March 2015)
- Registration Override Codes & Instructions
- STAR Access (for new users)
UH System Academic Calendars
- Reset STAR Password, send email to email@example.com
- Reset Banner Password, send email: Bannerfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Banner Assistance, send email: Banneremail@example.com
- Consent to Disclose Education Records to Third Party
- Directed Reading or Research Form, Undergraduate (Directed Studies 199V-499V)
- Directed Reading or Research Form, Graduate (Directed Studies 599, 699, 799V)
- Registration Override Form
- Report of Incomplete Work
- Request for Modification of Academic Requirement
Instructors are under no obligation to sign a Registration Override Form. It is up to the instructor on a case-by-case basis. Instructor may enter override directly in MyUH Portal.
Faculty can grant access and overrides for students directly through MyUH. For complete instructions please review the Faculty Tutorial available on MyUH.
What are registration overrides?
Registration overrides are for faculty to grant exceptions to registration restrictions (missing prerequisites, co-requisites, wrong major, class full, time conflict, etc.) or special approval for a particular student.
Who can grant overrides?
Faculty are authorized to access and grant overrides only for their own classes. Authorized administrative staff may also enter overrides via Banner.
How do I view students with overrides for my classes?
You may access the Registration Overrides Summary screen from the Faculty Main Menu and view overrides for any class you are scheduled to teach.
Registration Overrides should NOT be used for:
- Waitlisted Courses
- Crosslisted Courses with 0 Available Seats
When should an override be made?
Permit / Overrides should be inputted before the student attempts to register for the class.
What information do I need in order to enter an override?
You will need to know the student's ID number or UH username, the course CRN, and the type of override needed.
What types of overrides are available?
UH Hilo Faculty, please restrict usage of registration overrides to the following:
Registration Override Code*
(on MyUH Faculty Services)
|Purpose for override|
|Hilo Reg. Permit (PERMIT)||allows registration in a closed class when there are no available seats|
|Hilo Reg. Authorization (AUTHORI)||
|Program Override (PROGRAM)||permits non-UH Hilo nursing students to register for UH Hilo nursing classes|
|Time Conflict Override (TIME)||enables registration in a second class with a time conflict (start and end at the same time)|
|Duplicate Class Override (DUPLICATE)||enables registration in 2 sections of the same course:
1) allows students to take 2 or more Special Topics and/or Experimental Courses at once
2) beginning on the first day of instruction, allows students to drop and add an alternate section of a course
*The following overrides are reserved for the Dean's Office and other UH system campuses. UH Hilo Faculty, please do not grant these overrides:
- Level Override
- Prereq / Coreq / Spec / Cap Override
- Repeat Times Override
- Repeat Hours Override
- Degree Override
**PLEASE ADVISE THE STUDENT THAT S/HE MUST REGISTER FOR THE CLASS IN THE MyUH Portal TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS. Tuition and fee assessments will appear on the students account after registration is processed.
During the second week of classes, ANY late add requires at least an Authorization (AUTHORI) override.
Please see the Curriculum Central website for curriculum deadlines.
For deadlines to submit Curriculum Proposals to the Campus-wide Curriculum Review Committee, please visit the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs web page: http://hilo.hawaii.edu/uhh/vcaa/.
- Authorization to Plan an Academic Program (2007)
- Code Request Form (IRO)
- Course Modification via Curriculum Central
- Course De-Activation, Re-Activation, or Archiving (Aug 2012)
- Special Topics and Experimental (Feb 2016)
- New Program via Curriculum Central
- New Course via Curriculum Central
- Program Modification via Curriculum Central
- Spring 2011 Campus-wide Curriculum Review Deadlines
More information is also available at: hilo.hawaii.edu/uhh/teaching/CurriculumCentral