Banner and STAR Access
- Banner Access (new users)
- STAR Access (new users)
- Useful Links
- Banner: https://banner.sis.hawaii.edu
- requires Java to run application
- Reset Banner Password, send email: Bannerfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Banner Assistance, send email: Banneremail@example.com
- FERPA Tutorial
- Reset STAR Password, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- STAR for Advisors (only available from UH campus)
- STAR Data-Metrix (only available from UH campus)
- Banner: https://banner.sis.hawaii.edu - requires Java to run application
Steps to obtain access to Banner Student Information System (access only available to current UHH employees or student workers):
1. To receive Banner Access, you must complete the FERPA tutorial, including a short quiz (9 questions) which follows the tutorial.
The FERPA tutorial is found at: http://hilo.hawaii.edu/registrar/ferpa/
2. After successfully completing the FERPA quiz, submit results to the Office of the Registrar.
You will have an opportunity to submit your results at the end of the tutorial.
3. The Departmental Director should email a request for access to Banner to the UH Hilo Office of the Registrar, email@example.com, with the following information.
- Name of person needing access to Banner.
- UH Username
- Specify what type of information this person needs to access.
- If employee requires access to fees, financial or accounting information, please contact Marie Honda, Director, Business Office for access.
- If employee requires access to student financial aid information, please contact Jeff Scofield, Director of Financial Aid for access.
- Describe job functions requiring Banner access.
- Specify type of access this person will require (example: view access or modify access as it relates to job function).
4. Check UH email account for confidentiality agreement sent directly from Banner Central.
Reply to the email from Banner Central within three working days.
5. Once Banner Central receives your reply, you will be sent a generic Banner password via email.
You must log on to Banner and change your password within three (3) working days or the password will expire.
6. You now have access to Banner!
If you require training, please contact the Office of the Registrar. We will be happy to set up a short training session.
Questions regarding your Banner Access should be directed to Chelsea Kay-Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps to obtain access to STAR (must be authorized to view Banner data):
1. You must use your on-campus PC or Mac to register for STAR access.
PC must have Windows 2000 or higher platform running IE browser. Mac must run Safari browser. Computers must have Flash Media & Active X software.
2. Complete the STAR on-line registration.
Login is your UH Username and password (same as your @hawaii.edu email).
Submit the requested information.
3. Complete the STAR User Policy and Security Agreement.
Complete, read and sign the STAR User Policy and Security Agreement.
Return signed form to the Office of the Registrar, Student Services Building, Room 101
4. Obtain authorization to view Banner data.
Complete the online FERPA tutorial: http://hilo.hawaii.edu/registrar/ferpa/
After successful completion of the FERPA quiz, submit results to the Office of the Registrar. You will have the opportunity to do so at the end of the short quiz.
5. Access Confirmation
Respond immediately to the email from the Banner Access Control Team to activate your account. The subject title will be 'Banner FERPA confidentially notice/agreement'.
The Office of the Registrar will contact you via email with login instructions after the account has been activated.
Questions regarding your STAR Access should be directed to Dolly Roth at email@example.com