Free Airport Shuttle Service to Campus
The Airport Shuttle Reservation System is not open yet. Check back in June.
We can help you get here!
On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 we will have shuttles available to pick you up from the airport and bring you to campus. This service is free and is a way for us to welcome you to Hilo and into our ʻohana (family).
A Note for International Students
International students should plan to arrive on Monday, August 18, 2014. The International Student Services office will be providing free shuttle service to campus on Monday, August 18,, 2014. Be sure to complete the online shuttle reservation form to reserve your spot.
If you need more information about shuttle service for international students arriving on Tuesday, January 7, 2014, please contact the International Student Services office.
Reserve your spot
To reserve your spot on the shuttle, just let us know when you'll be arriving and we'll be there to welcome you.
- Arrange your flight (If you fly with Hawaiian Airlines, you may be able to get a discount)
- Fill out our online Shuttle Reservation form
- Relax knowing that we'll be waiting for you at the Hilo Airport to welcome you to UH Hilo.
Things to note:
- Shuttle service is available for non-International students on Tuesday, August 19 only. If you are planning to arrive on a different day, there are some alternative transportation options.
- The shuttle service on Monday, August 18 is for International Students only.
- Shuttle Service is only offered from the Hilo International Airport (ITO)... Sorry we can't pick you up in Kona.
- The shuttles will pick you up from the airport and drop you off at the Residence Halls so you can check in to your campus housing.
- For more information about living on campus, please visit the UH Hilo Housing website.
- The shuttles will not be able to drop you off at other locations in Hilo.
- The shuttles will not be able to take you to the mall or shopping areas.
- To be environmentally conscious, we may ask you to hang out with us for a few minutes while we wait for other students to arrive, so we can minimize the number of trips we make.